Friday, May 6, 2011

My Top 7 Dream Destination

One of the things I am passionate about is to travel. I love going to different places, exploring, learning. So let me share to you places I dream of visiting one day.


Santorini, Greece
When I first saw this place featured in a movie (which I have completely forgotten), I immediately fell in love with it. The structures built and painted mainly in white and blue in this historic volcanic island overlooking the Aegea Sea is indeed a sight to behold . Its architecture fascinates me. Have you heard the myth about Atlantis? Well, various archeological findings suggest that Santorini is the lost civilization of Atlantis. Cool huh?



Kruger National Park, South Africa
I love adventure. The closest thing to the African safari I’ve ever experienced is when I visited the Calauit Safari Park in Busuanga, Palawan. Well, I enjoyed it a lot. It gave me a different feeling being one with all the animals freely roaming in it. The downside is there are only limited species of animals in the Calauit Park. One can only see zebras, giraffes, and deers. Let’s just say, I craved for more and that’s the reason why African Safari is definitely part of my dream destination list.


Paris, France
When I was growing up, I would read volumes of encyclopedia at home. One of the things that fascinates me the most are pictures of artworks created by the masters, Leonardo da Vinci, Michaelangelo, Picasso, Van Gogh, etc. I am in love with Art. As a matter of fact, I have a replica of Piscasso’s The Lecturer hanging in my living room. And where else can one find repository of all the greatest works of the greatest artist who ever lived than in the Louvre Museum in Paris, France.




Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Have you ever felt the Latin heat? I have always been in awe of Latin dance and music. The passion and energy which define their music is what draw me to it. I would like to understand the inspiration behind all these. And Brazil, as I understand, is the seat of Latin culture.


Kyoto, Japan
I was deeply saddened with the recent tragedy that struck this country. For one, many of its citizens were affected by this catastrophe and the other; I was actually bound to visit Kyoto this year. It seems like with the recent development, the trip would have to be postponed indefinitely. The Japanese way of life has always fascinated me. Their culture is truly unique from the rest of the world. And that is the reason why I want to visit Japan, to understand and learn more about their culture. If you've read or watched the movie Memoirs of a Geisha, Kyoto, up to this day is said to be the capital of Geisha. As I was told by a friend who recently visited Kyoto, Kyoto continues to preserve its way of life amidst the challenges of modernization which is sweeping Japan. The only time I get to set foot in Japan (only at the airport actually!) is when I go to the States and have to stop over either in Nagoya or Narita. I hope they would recover soon. And hopefully not in a so distant future, I’ll be able to finally visit this country.


Great Barrier Reef, Australia
I am into diving. So that pretty sums up the reasons why I want to go to the Great Barrier Reef. Great Barrier Reef is said to be the world’s largest reef and home to thousands of aquatic species. The area is also recognized as World Heritage Site by the UNESCO.



Jerusalem, Israel
The place where one can fulfill a truly meaningful spiritual journey. This is where it all began; the birthplace of my Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment