Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Caught in the Middle

Last night my bestfriend dropped by my house to talk to me about what happened last Saturday when he had a huge fight with my boyfriend. But before he could say anything, this is what I said to him:

Gone were the days when I have to ask for your approval and your acceptance of my partner. Everyone who is new in a relationship has to go through with it. When you find someone you love and who loves you back, that doesn’t end there for we do not live on our own, as such it is important that people close to us would accept and love him as well. And you did, and for that I thank you. But that phase in our relationship has already come to pass. After all these years, I believe that you and him have already developed a relationship between the two of you and that, being, as good friends. A relationship I acknowledge, respect and thankful for. But now you guys are having problems, well this is all I have to say to it, it’s your relationship, so you guys deal with it. I am standing on a neutral ground. I will not speak to you, either, against or to defend him. Neither will I do the same to you in front of him. For I am afraid if I do that, one or both of you might pass judgment on me as being biased as I am close to you both. I would not want to take any sides, for if I do that I would end up hurting either of you. You both mean so much to me. And it would cause me pain if because of my words and actions one of you gets hurt. Yes, I am caught in the middle but I’m leaving everything up to you both. This time, do not think of me. Never let your thoughts of me cloud your judgment. Do what you think and feel is right. I know how difficult this is for you for I know how important I am to you. But let me assure you, I will never let anything affect our friendship, especially not this. And that is why I am saying this to you now. Whatever comes out of this situation, I shall never pass judgment on you. I shall be, and will always be here for you as you have always been there for me.


We spent the night drinking a bottle of wine reminiscing our past. We also talked in lengths about our plans for our future. No words were spoken regarding what happened that night nor anything about my boyfriend. That night, it was just all about me and my bestfriend.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Glad it‘s working out. You have done the right thing. You can never be prejudiced esp they both mean so much to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ken! Still praying they'll patch up soon and resolve their differences. :)

    ReplyDelete