Sunday, May 22, 2011

Depressed


That’s exactly how I am feeling right now. Last night, my bestfriend and my boyfriend had a huge fight. They uttered words that would be very hard to retract and I’m sure it will take awhile before things between them goes back to the way it used to be. Being in the middle of it is a difficult place to be. I hate being in this kind of situation. Now as I sit alone here in my room, not wanting to talk to either of them, it keeps me thinking should I do something or can I just isolate myself from it and let them deal with it on their own? I have a lot of things going on right now and I can’t take all this drama at this point. I hate dealing with this kind of issues. I hate people around me fighting.

This morning while browsing the net I came across this news which shocked me.



Malaria suspected in death of Pinoy doc in Sierra Leone
abs-cbnNEWS.com
Posted at 05/21/2011 7:22 AM Updated as of 05/21/2011 9:20 AM

MANILA, Philippines - A Filipino doctor taking part in a medical mission in Sierra Leone died after suffering from illness, feared to be malaria. Dr. Emmanuel Ganal died in Sierra Leone, according to his relatives. Gana's relatives in Ilocos said he became ill during a medical mission.

They said they received a call from his colleagues last May 12, informing them Ganal was confined in a hospital there. The next day, at around 2 a.m. local time, they received another call, saying he died after becoming ill.


Ciriaca Melchor, Ganal's grandmother, said she is having a hard time accepting his grandson's death. Ganal's body will be brought to the Philippines this week. His remains will first be brought to the University of Santo Tomas, where he studied medicine, after which he will be brought to Laoag City.

Other family members will coming home from Hawaii to join the family in mourning. -- With a report from Hadji Rieta, ABS-CBN News Laoag


Eman was a college friend of mine. We were classmates in UST when I was still finishing my pre-med course. He was supportive and very kind to everyone. I wasn’t aware that he joined this medical mission in Africa which is a testament on the kind of person that he was, selfless. He died doing what he loved best, helping other who cannot help themselves. He wasn’t born with a lot of money and was raised and supported only by his grandmother. It breaks my heart just thinking what she’s going through right now. All I can do at this point is offer a prayer that he may find peace and that may God reward him for his kindness and his good heart.

3 comments:

  1. Assess foremost the cause of their feud. Oftentimes, given you’re the fulcrum, ikaw lang din makakapagreconcile sa kanila. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope magbati na yung bf mo and your bestfriend its hard talaga kasi your close to the both of them. and mahirap makialam sa away nila kasi baka magselos ang isa at sabihin kinakampihan mo yung isa.


    condolence doon sa college friend mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. mga brod salamat. sana nga magbati na tong mga kumag na to. hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete