Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Unexpected Decision

My Diega


A few months ago, I started bringing my dog, Diega, in my apartment here in Laguna. I do have my own place in Manila but I rent an apartment here since I work around this area. A decision made out of convenience and practicality. Driving daily from Manila to Laguna and vice versa is too exhausting. Anyway, at that time, Diega was having behavioral problems and so I thought it would be best to separate her from my other dogs; and so started my problems with my landlady. Like me, she also loves dogs. She has two and both are Japanese Spitz. The weirdest things is, I’ve been living with them (in the same compound) for 7 years now, yet those dogs still can’t recognize me as they would bark at me everytime they see me. The situation got even worse when I started bringing Diega home with me. Now, they want a piece of me. All fangs out, they would attack me more ferocious than before. My landlady observed this and talked to me about it. She told me that because of Diega, her dogs are getting more aggressive and wild. As such, she said, I can’t take Diega anymore with me. I was pissed when she told me about it. Actually furious! But ok, fine. So I made a decision. I’ve decided to just move out and look for a place where I can bring any of my dogs anytime I want.



Amaia Scapes Laguna by Avida


Last week, while browsing the internet looking for any room here to rent something crazy happened. I suddenly had a thought. I said to myself, I might as well get my own place instead of spending money paying rent! And so, the following day, I talked to an agent and visited the property I find quite promising. After inspection and discussion with the agent, I signed a few papers and paid the downpayment. I left the place, smiling and shaking my head in disbelief. Dang! I said to myself. Here I am again, the impulsive buyer! I just bought a house like I bought a shirt from a shop. Now, I have two house mortgages to pay! LOL! I guess a new car would have to wait for another 3 years. When I told my friends about it, they were all laughing. They couldn’t believe what I’ve done. They told me, when you intend to buy a house, you plan it. And for a lot of people, it takes years of planning, making sure your finances are stable and ready when you make that decision. But it took me only a day to make mine. Anyway, the property is not really that expensive. I have my rent money anyway to pay for its monthly amortization. And its’ not yet my dream house either. That one, I’m really planning for it. I’m looking at building it in Tagaytay or anywhere there is a very nice beachfront. Coz it’s there, in my dream house where I plan to retire.


Bungalow Pod (Perspective)




Model Unit



Photo of the actual property I bought sent to me by my agent. As you can see, the house is under construction. Need to do the actual visit myself. =)



Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes you just have to take things as they come. You assess them but never over analyze. If years ago, I would not have taken some risks, I would not have my own car by now. I would not have my own house in Manila now. Taking risks is what makes life exciting, challenging and at times difficult. But it’s only when we take risks that we achieve greater things. So don’t be afraid! Who would have thought a simple dog problem led me to buying my own house. LOL! Have a great week everyone! Carpe Diem!

4 comments:

  1. cute ng aso mo! ako i prefer small dogs and i prefer female dogs than male dogs. matitigas kasi ulo ng male dogs.

    nice yung house and its better than buying a condo. kasi sa condo after many years pwede masira yung building and you cant live na sa condo mo if ever that happens. buying a house is still better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diega is a Boston Terrier. Small dog lang din siya. She's quite intelligent she makes me look like a good trainer. Hehehe. I agree. A house and lot is way better than a condo unit. Though una ko nabili condo. Biglaan lang. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pwede ka na magasawa hihihihi kasi may house ka na

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha. ganon pala yon. no comment na lang muna tayo dyan. hehehe!

    ReplyDelete